Thursday, December 2, 2010

Taking the blog places.

With a commitment to building a more vibrant blog, I signed up for the 4-week Blog Triage class with Cynthia Morris and Alyson Stanfield. Today’s assignment is to describe the people I want to visit and read my blog.

Link to Cynthia’s: http://www.originalimpulse.com/blog

and Alyson’s: http://artbizblog.com.

My ideal reader would be any age or background, live in any part of the world, have a interest in art and a keen sense of humour in order to laugh with me at all the shit life can throw at us, be comfortable with the format of my blog and willing to comment on/ share their own experiences and give constructive criticism of my artwork.

What do I want to get out of blogging?

Connection. To facilitate interesting and thought provoking discussions with like minded people on the subjects of art and life. I want feedback on my work and in return I want to give constructive feedback on others work, I want to learn and grow through reading others opinions and obviously I want my blog to give my art exposure to the world. I also want to become more comfortable and confident writing and talking about my own artwork – I think that’s the hardest thing for an artist to do, to analyse where inspiration comes from, ask why we create the things we do and then put it into words!

Any thoughts/comments about your own experiences with blog’s/blogging are welcome. Or if you have a link to a particularly interesting artist/general blog please share. I’d love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment